For your convenience, below is a detailed sitemap to help you find the Eating Disorders information you are looking for. There are many areas to explore, a lot of information to read, awesome resources for treatment, and some great places to find online support. If you have a suggestion, feel free to contact us.
We are a PRO-RECOVERY site!
SFWED Latest News
Everyone Can Suffer (from an Eating Disorder)
In Loving Memory
- The Memorial Wall -- Remembering all those who have passed away at the hand of an Eating Disorder.
- Submit a Name -- Light a candle for a loved one who has passed away from Anorexia, Bulimia or Compulsive Overeating.
What Are Eating Disorders (EDs)?
Issues - Signs - Factors
Associated Dangers and Effects of an Eating Disorder
Eating Disorder Recovery and Reaching Out
Helping Loved-Ones with an Eating Disorder
Cultural Issues in Eating Disorders
- Issues for Men -- (en español / en français) -- Read about the men suffering; Many suffer in silence because of the old idea that this is a "women's disease".
- Cultural Roles -- People from all walks of life, from all ethnic backgrounds, can suffer.
- The Media -- Exploring how the media can have a negative impact on all of us.
- Ballet Dancers -- Exploring the pressures places on Ballet Dancers (submitted essay)
- In the Old Days -- (en español / en français) -- As far as society has come in the past few years there are still a lot of old fashioned ideas about Eating Disorders.
Doctors & Patients
- Articles by Professionals -- Reprinted articles by doctors, therapists, dieticians, etc.
- Medications -- A list of the most commonly used medications in the treatment of people with Eating Disorders.
- Blood & Lab Tests -- Basic tests that are important for your doctor to do during your struggle with and recovery from an Eating Disorder.
- Tips for Doctors -- (en español) -- What patients fear most...
- They Said What?! -- Some uncomfortable things doctors have said.
- Medic Alert -- The importance of wearing an Medical Alert I.D Tag.
Eating Disorder Prevention and Causes
- What's the Cause -- (en español) -- An introduction to discussing the causes of an Eating Disorder and how they may be able to be prevented.
- Love -- Quotes related to love and how sufferers feel their Eating Disorder could have been prevented.
- Listen -- Quotes related to listening and how sufferers feel their Eating Disorder could have been prevented.
- Communicate -- Quotes related to communication and how sufferers feel their Eating Disorder could have been prevented.
- Validate -- Quotes related to validation and how sufferers feel their Eating Disorder could have been prevented.
- Society -- (en español) -- Exploring how society may play a role in the development of an Eating Disorder.
- Food & Eating -- (en español) -- Exploring how food and eating can play a role in the development of an Eating Disorder.
- Relationships -- (en español) -- Exploring how various relationships may play a role in the development of an Eating Disorder.
- Abuse -- (en español) -- Exploring how abuse (physical and sexual) may play a role in the development of an Eating Disorder.
- Online Options -- A list of online support options on the Something Fishy Website as well as links to others sites.
- Chat for Support -- Access to the SFWED chatrooms.
- Bulletin Boards -- Introduction to our bulletin board community.
- ICQ Support List -- A list of users you can connect with through ICQ for support.
- AIM Support List -- A list of users you can connect with through AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) for support.
- Family & Friends -- The family and friends support finder.
- Online Options -- Subscribe to our free newsletter for support and updates on what we're up to.
In Their Own Words
- Poetry -- Read poems by those living with and recovering from an Eating Disorder.
- Articles -- Articles by doctors and therapists in the field, as well as by those suffering and their loved-ones.
- The Other Side -- Read the personal stories from people who have recovered.
- Link to Us -- Instructions for linking to the Something Fishy Website on Eating Disorders.
- Who We Are -- Read about who Something Fishy is!
- Legal Stuff -- The legal stuff and our privacy statement.
- Volunteering -- Information on volunteering for SFWED.
- Awards -- Awards we've won!
- Organizations -- A list of Eating Disorders organizations working to raise awareness and offer to support to those suffering, and their families.
- Websites -- Links to other Eating Disorders Websites.
- Hotlines -- A list of helpful information and support hotlines.
- Written Material -- A list of resources for brochures and educational material.
- Research Links -- Links to resources on the net related to the study of Eating Disorders.